When the low temperatures of winter arrive, heating becomes, at times, something totally necessary. In order to save on electricity consumption and not give us surprises when the bills arrive, we can choose the low consumption electric radiators. These are heat generators that are designed to save as much energy as possible and lower the price of bills.
In this article we are going to tell you which are the best low-consumption electric radiators and what you should take into account when purchasing one.
The best energy efficient electric radiators
|The best||Cecotec Radiator ...||See features||1.314 Reviews||View deal|
|Price quality||Cecotec Radiator ...||See features||2.418 Reviews||View deal|
|Our favorite||Johannson Radiator...||See features||97 Reviews||View deal|
|Cecotec Radiator ...||See features||581 Reviews||View deal|
|briebe Radiator Convector...||See features||61 Reviews||View deal|
|Mellerware - Issuer ...||See features||322 Reviews||View deal|
Orbegozo RRE 1300W Low Consumption Thermal Emitter
This model is in white and with an aluminum body. It has a heating system that improves energy efficiency and reduces the impact on the environment. This is possible now that does not use any type of fuel nor does it generate fumes or odors. It has an operation that can be programmed and set a time and temperature that we are used to being at home to forget to activate the heating.
You can control the radiator variables thanks to a digital LCD screen and a remote control. It has several types of operation depending on the need: economic mode, comfort and anti-ice. One of the characteristics that makes this radiator stand out is that it does not dry out the environment. Its installation is quite simple.
Taurus Tallinn 900
This radiator has a power of 900W. You can select the temperature you want in the room in a wide range from 10 to 35 degrees. They have 2 main operating modes depending on the need: comfort mode and economy mode. You can program the temperature at which you want the device to operate through a backlit display.
The advantage of this radiator is that it has a very modern and elegant design that can perfectly match your room. It includes a switch to be able to start or stop it.
Gridinlux Home Electric Radiator
We cannot deny that the Gridinlux brand is succeeding thanks to the introduction of products with a good quality/price ratio. This model of low consumption electric radiator has a convection-type cyclical heating technology. It has a fan that helps to provide the heat avoiding the dryness of an area of, more or less, about 10-15 square meters. This helps prevent certain colds and other illnesses due to a decrease in humidity.
It has a new and innovative function that serves to save energy continuously. It is a fairly light model, easy to move and integrates very well into any type of modern decoration. It has a safety design that makes it deactivate when there is an anomaly or overheating.
This thermal emitter has an ultra-thin and light design to be able to adapt it to any part of the room. It heats the room quite quickly in such a way that you save energy with its low consumption technology. It has a digital chronothermostat with LCD screen to configure the different options it has: comfort mode, economy mode, antifreeze and automatic. With these programs you will be able to choose the one that best suits your needs to save as much energy as possible.
The advantage of this model is that it has a high durability and safety and easy cleaning and maintenance. It has a floor stand, power cable and a remote control for its configuration.
Cecotec Thermal Emitter Ready Warm
It has 8 aluminum elements and a power of 1200W to heat the house quickly. With its ultra-thin design we can install it anywhere in the home, as it serves as a decorative element. It has three modes of operation as we need it: day mode, night mode and neverfrost mode. It has an easy installation thanks to the fact that incorporates feet and a wall bracket.
It has a timer to be able to program its operation seven days a week. It has a built-in LED screen and a remote control that is easy to use for programming. It is quite safe as it has a system to prevent overheating.
How an energy efficient electric radiator works
Energy-efficient electric radiators run on electricity. One of the main advantages it has over other types of heating is that it hardly needs installation. These are usually tightening a couple of screws and plugging in the appliance. Its operation comes through the emission of heat thanks to an electrical resistance that heats a fluid inside the radiator. This fluid can be water or a special oily fluid that heats up faster. Heating this fluid produces heat that is transferred to the surface of the radiator and into the air.
The heat from the energy efficient electric radiator is transmitted through convection. All this hot air permeates the air in the room and increases the temperature, improving the quality of the environment. This heating process is clean, safe, and reliable.
Types of low electricity consumption radiators
There are different types of low consumption electric radiators and each one of them has a special characteristic and a different use. Let's see what there are:
- Heaters: They are those that incorporate a fan to be able to provide heat more quickly. The fan is used to spread the heat more efficiently throughout the room.
- Towel radiators: they are used to heat the bathroom and remove moisture from your towels. They work connected to the boiler by electricity. The advantage of these heated towel rails is that they are quite aesthetic.
- Thermal emitters: They are those thermal devices that are placed on the wall and work electrically. The advantage is that they save a lot of energy since you can keep heat longer.
- Oil radiators: The main advantage of these devices is that they are portable and easy to install. They are cheaper but consume a lot of energy.
- With vectors: They are those that include a series of resistors that heat up and circulate the air through them.
- Vertical radiators: They act like a normal radiator but vertically. The advantage is that they are quite aesthetic.
- Radiant panels: they emit heat radiation through their own surface. They emit a kind of infrared radiation thanks to the resistor plate.
- Wall radiators: It works like a normal radiator but has a structure to place or the wall in a fixed way.
- Portable radiators: it works like a normal radiator but they are usually smaller. Its power is lower but it can be moved wherever you want.
How to choose a low consumption electric radiator
When choosing a low consumption electric radiator we must take into account the following aspects:
- Power: When we talk about the power of an electric radiator we are talking about the capacity it has to heat. This heating capacity is calculated through the amount of heat emitted by each square meter. To heat a room of about 20 square meters you need a radiator of about 1.600W. This is known since 1W are needed to heat 80 square meter of room.
- Number of elements: The more setting items of the electric radiator operation, the more detail can reduce the electricity consumption.
- Thermostat: It is interesting that the radiator includes an integrated thermostat that allows you to adjust both the consumption, such as the temperature and the on and off program. This is how we regulate the use of this radiator and improve energy consumption.
- Remote control: thanks to the remote control we can configure it in a more comfortable way.
- Security system: It is interesting that the low consumption electric radiator has a system to prevent overheating. The main purpose of this security system is to turn off as soon as it notices a problem.
- Energy efficiency: It is based on the incorporation of temperature sensors that measure the temperature of the environment in which it is located. In this way, you choose the time that it should work so that the temperature is stable and pleasant.
Advantages of an electric radiator compared to an oil radiator
These low consumption electric radiators have very clear advantages over the oil radiators. Let's see what they are:
- Easy installation: If we want to install a low consumption electric radiator we will not need the help of any technician. It is something quite simple. We just have to fix it to the wall or some surface with a couple of screws.
- Maximum mobility: its easy handling allows maximum mobility. Some of them have wheels to facilitate movement.
- Individual regulation: Thanks to the most optimal operation, the temperature of each radiator can be regulated independently.
- Low maintenance: It hardly requires major maintenance. No need for a boiler or to bleed the radiators.
I hope that with this information you can choose the low consumption electric radiator that best suits you.
Table of Contents
- 1 The best energy efficient electric radiators
- 2 How an energy efficient electric radiator works
- 3 Types of low electricity consumption radiators
- 4 How to choose a low consumption electric radiator
- 5 Advantages of an electric radiator compared to an oil radiator